Terms and conditions
Swim BC Swimmer Information Consent
Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act
SWIMMER REGISTRATION CONSENT FORM
Club Name: Island Swimming Club
Please read carefully, by completing your online registration, you are consenting to this agreement.
A Parent or Legal Guardian must sign (consent) for those registrants under the age of 18.
The Province of BC Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the Federal Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) requires that consent be obtained prior to the collection and use of all personal information.
The personal information you provide to the Club from this registration will be used for the purposes reasonably associated with the swimming activities conducted by the Club, Swim BC and/or Swimming Canada. These purposes include national, provincial and event registration, insurance coverage, training and competition participation and competition result and ranking and:
- Ensuring swimmers train and compete in an age appropriate environment;
- Establishing athlete eligibility for selection to swim teams;
- Establishing pertinent medical records and baseline performance data to assist coaching decisions in a national team competitive or training setting;
- Reporting non-identifying, demographic and participation statistics to funders, sponsors and other authorized third parties;
- Reporting and publishing athletes’ names, genders, ages, club affiliations on Swim BC and Swimming Canada web pages or in results, news releases and ranking reports and;
- Making direct contact with registrants, volunteers and staff as necessary for the operation of the Club, Swim BC and Swimming Canada
Swimming Canada complies with the obligation and responsibility to the World Anti-Doping Agency – WADA (or its agents) to provide information upon request.
Additional personal information may be collected from time to time. Consent for the use of this personal information may be inferred where its uses are obvious, and it has been voluntarily provided. When not obvious, the purposes for collection will be provided prior to, or at the time of collection; either orally or in writing. Complete texts of the Privacy/Personal Information Policies (variously the “Policy” or “Policies”) may be found for Swimming Canada at: https://www.swimming.ca/Privacyand for Swim BC at www.swimbc.ca
Should a registrant wish to review their personal information held by the Club, Swim BC, or Swimming Canada they must make a request to the appropriate organization pursuant to that organization’s Policy. Registrants may withdraw consent to use their personal information pursuant to the Policies. Such a withdrawal however, may require the cancellation of your registration with and suspension of your activities with the Club, Swim BC and Swimming Canada.
All registrants or their legal guardian must consent to this form each season.
I hereby consent to the collection and use of personal information as described above.